Monday, June 23, 2014

Dislike socializing? Maybe it boils down to just being - Lazy

Not too long ago, I decided to push myself to talk to people, especially new people because I wanted to hear their stories, their thoughts, perceptions and experiences. I thought everyone would interest me because everyone is different, right? However, I am still unable to go on and have second conversations with most of them. I know I can't just base on first impressions as many times it usually takes the second or even the third for you realise that they are actually pretty interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not the type to follow up, text you and dig further to see if there's anything. Unless we happen to meet again.

I credit it to being lazy. I rather do nothing than stay and pursue. And trust me when I say I do not feel superior than other people. The only reason why I am this way is because fake interest, smiles and false pretenses are just a waste of both sides energy. Or maybe I'm just unfriendly. Though I know that the above is still needed to get around this world but that's just another topic altogether.


So recently, I've been getting lazier, all thanks to Quora.


A fantastic platform that allows me to read about people's thoughts and views on topics that I'm interested in. It's been enlightening to read different perceptions to the same question and the endless of great things you can learn as well. Most ways people make friends would be having to get a contact with them first before finding out who they are. Like social events, people introducing you someone new or even using an app to find people, you can only base on the looks, demo and bio. Thus actually Quora should be a great platform to make friends because you know what their minds are like about certain topics so you kinda know them before knowing them. Probability of second conversations would be higher. Hmm, though that would diminish the element of mystery and chance.


Maybe one day I'll be bored with the repetition of questions and answers and go back to human interaction. But for today, I'm in Quora world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home